Although Google changes their algorithms almost constantly, some techniques still help you excel in search engine results pages (SERPs). Ranking high requires a multifaceted approach combining excellent content and smart tactics utilizing plugins such as SEMrush SEO Writing Assistant (SWA).
According to a study by BrightEdge, 68% of online experiences start with a search in an engine such as Google or Bing. Understanding the importance of how you rank in search results is half the battle of driving traffic to your website.
If you’re looking for an SEO writing assistant to help ensure your content hits all the major elements needed to compete with similar posts, SEMrush SWA is our top choice.
SEMrush Top Features
SEMrush SWA is unique in that it comes both as a Chrome extension and a WordPress Plugin. Although we’ll focus on the features for a plugin here, knowing you can integrate the benefits into Google Docs and use the software in real-time changes the SEO game. Top elements include:
- Score: Gives a score for each piece of content based on length of article, readability and target keywords.
- Readability: Looks at how difficult words are, length of sentences and other factors to give you a score based on the Flesch-Kincaid reading scale. You must know your typical site visitor to use this information effectively.
- Recommendations: The plugin offers suggestions on keyword choices, offering alternatives and showing how popular the choice is.
- Tone: Something unique about this particular SWA tool is the check for tone. It will let you know if your language is too formal or informal and help you build consistency.
- Plagiarism Checker: SEMrush SWA has a built-in plagiarism checker to prevent repeated copy.
SEMrush comes chock full of the features you most want in an SEO tool.
How to Configure SEMrush
Setting up SEMrush SWA is fairly straightforward. Download a copy of the plugin from WordPress.org.
- Go to SEMrush.com and sign up for an account. You can use a free account, but you’ll gain access to the advanced features with a paid version.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to plugins and upload SEMrush. Another option is placing the file in your wp-content/plugins directory and then activate it via the plugins tab on your dashboard.
- Add third-party code from your SEMrush account to activate the software.
- Create an SEO content template.
- Your keyword budgets depend on your subscription, with higher-tiered plans gaining access to more options.
Installing and using SEMrush SWA is intuitive. Have your account already in place before adding the plugin to smooth the installation and setup process.
The plans vary, depending upon what you want. Keep in mind that you’ll also gain other SEO advantages when you sign up for an account outside of the plugin.
Why It Won Plugin of the Month
SEMrush won plugin of the month because of the little advantages. The ability to check for plagiarism on the fly and make sure links work effectively is a huge time saver for the average blog owner.
SEMrush has an excellent reputation in the industry for staying on top of changing browser trends. They are known for good customer service. We feel confident in recommending this tool to our users.
Better Keyword Options
Choosing the best keywords for your content helps people find your material more easily. SEMrush SWA gives you a list of topics people search for already, so you can write to what your target audience wants. Set website level phrases and then dig deeper for more specific subjects.
About The Author
The Designerly staff is committed to providing well-researched and ongoing learning resources. We're dedicated to educating you on key design concepts and showcasing strategic marketing plans to help grow your business.
Leave a Comment